Vegetarians food sources
We appreciate some LBW people have a vegetarian lifestyle. There are no specific vegetarian food outlets in Laxey. I don't recall seeing any in Douglas or Ramsey.
Some menus acquired in Laxey, like Corn Mill and Chinese takeaway, do have some vegetarian dishes.
If you are in doubt about your food choice I suggest you buy in your ingredients in advance.
In Laxey there is only the Co-Op, New Road, Laxey, IM4 7BB. Used okay May 2014.
Just before Laxey is Fairy Cottage Shop, Laxey, IM4 7HR.
I did not see this when I drove.
There is a lot more choice in Douglas, which is likely your arrival point, so here is an alphabetical general list of some super markets collated from IOM telephone directory and various leaflets collected on surveys.
- Co-Op, Duke Street, IM1 2RD (observed open May 2014 and May 2015, but not used)
- Co-Op, 24 Woodbourne Road, IM1 3AL
- Pickwicks, 12a Strand Street.
- Pickwicks, 7 Marina Road, IM2 2HD
- Shoprite, Centre House, Victoria Road, IM2 4RE
- Shoprite, may have Iceland sign, Chester Street
- Spar, Hailwood Court, Governers hill, IM2 7EA
- Spar, Central Promenade, near Palace hotel (observed open May 2015, but not used)
- Tesco, Lake Road (confirmed used okay May 2015)
Onchan, North-East suburb of Douglas
- Co-op, Main Road, IM3 1AH (confirmed used okay May 2014)
- Shoprite, Village Walk
- Spar, 14 Port Jack
- Co-Op, Christian Street IM8 1DG
- Co-Op, 75 Parliament Street, IM8 1AQ
- Pickwicks, 19 Parliament Street, IM8 1AS
- Shoprite, Bowring Road,
- Shoprite, may have Iceland sign, St Paul's Square